If you enjoy writing and if you have ever thought of making money writing, then you might try starting a freelance writing business. Freelance writing requires a lot of patience, but if you enjoy writing, this is a great opportunity.
You don’t need a degree in English. If you can write web content, articles, short stories, poems etc., then there are lots of opportunities. You can sell your written material on Forums like digitalpoint, warriorforum,and sitepoint.
What are the Requirements to Start a Freelance Writing Business?
- Writing skills
- Computer skills
- Internet connection
- Paypal ,Credit card, Bank Accounts
- Mobile phone
- Skype or any other messenger service like: Gtalk, paltalk,Yahoo etc.
- Time to write
- Research skills
You should also read:
- 5 Tips to Earn Reasonable Income as a Freelance Writer
- Top 22 Websites That Pay You To Write Articles, Instantly
Types of Freelance Writers
There are many types of freelance writers. Some writers concentrate on specific areas of expertise, such as Finance or Computers. Writers should strive to improve their writing skills in different areas of expertise, thus increasing their earnings opportunities.
1. Web Content Writing: Many new sites are launched every day, and they all need good written content to enhance their sites. This is a great opportunity.
2. Technical Writing: If you have technical skills or knowledge, then technical writing is a good opportunity. Technical writers tend to earn more than other writers. This type of writing requires expertise in: programming, computer hardware, software, mobile phones, software reviews, and more.
3. Review Writing: If you are good at writing product reviews, then this is another great opportunity. Good reviews attract customers to websites.
4. Blog Writing: Many successful bloggers have lots of blogs so they keep looking writers. Blog writers have the opportunity to write on a variety of topics.
5. Resume Writing Services: There are many resume writing services online. If you have the knack for writing or enhancing resumes, then this is another good opportunity.
6. Business Plan Writers: If you can write a good and convincing business plan, then this is another opportunity. Many businesses are started daily, and they need good writers to write business plans for them.
How to Find Clients?
In order to make money as a freelancer, you need to have clients. Without clients, you will not succeed in this field.
Websites/Blogs: Websites and blogs are a good place to find clients. Contact different websites and blogs, and let them know you are available to freelance for them. Contact them via their email or telephone. If you are just starting out as a freelancer, be sure to suggest a reasonable price for your services. Be sure to give your contact information, e.g. email, and phone number, so they can contact you.
Resources to Find Freelance Writing Work
- Associated press
- Sunoasis jobs
- work at home Mom
- Writer find
- places for writers
- Online writing jobs
- Telecommuting jobs
- Whisper Jobs
- Publishers Marketplace
- Freelance writing gigs
- Freelance venue
How Much Should You Charge?
There are various factors to consider: your area of expertise, your experience, and your clout in the field. In general, writers earn between $10-$15/hr or $5-10/article.
There is a lot of competition in this business, so you must keep learning and writing. This will open up opportunities for you.
If you can keep apply the suggestions I discussed above, then you can make good money as a Freelance Writer.